I went to the doctor and the numbers don't lie (even if I pretended the mirror was). I knew that my body needed attention. I'm tired all the time. I can feel my veins pulse when my blood pressure is too high, my heart will beat too hard, I snore, my clothes don't fit the way I would like, my arm goes numb when I sleep, and on and on. These are really big warning signs. I'm only 44. How did this happen? Excuses and no personal accountability.
- Weight highest it's been since pregnancy
- Cholesterol iffy even on meds
- Blood Pressure iffy even on meds
- Prediabetic because of all of the above
- Reason for the above is simple: I eat too much and don't exercise enough.
- Confess publicly so that I can have friend support. (Don't be offended if I turn down foods or drinks. Do call me for a walk, an activity, or to play with art instead of lunch or drinks.)
- Daily walks
- Add weight training
- Track eating and modify diet for diabetic friendly eating.
- Celebrate milestones and keep going till I reach my goal of better labs and a healthier body.