In some ways, I don't want to reflect at all on the past year. However, we are who we are because of all of our life experiences. Last year was painful in many ways. I've worked hard to process the difficult parts and to recognize the good. Here is a list of 10 of the best things that happened to me in 2016.
- Helped my mom through a big chunk of her cancer treatment, which had the side effect of bringing the Pecora family closer despite the miles that separate us. Also, I was reminded to nurture friendships. (See blog for Sally's Story)
- Fell in love with Hamilton the musical via my amazing kiddo #2.
- Quit drinking alcohol. The first of many major lifestyle changes. (This Naked Mind & Hip Sobriety School)
- Meditation became a regular part of my routine. (Insight Timer is a cool app for bringing meditation into your life)
- Started yoga (not the crazy bendy pose yoga that you see in magazines).
- Our family adopted Luna.
- Discovered Tulsi Tea (herbal hot drink that is not really a tea).
- Joined See Jane Write where I met several awesome people and learned about some cool businesses.
- Donated a lot of stuff that we don't need. Less physical clutter equals less mental clutter.
- Bought a lot of art supplies. 2017 will be a year to create and grow.
Bonus: I am practicing being in the moment and accepting whatever emotions arise. I have less anxiety and am more content with who I am.